The application period for the Class of 2020 will open Tuesday, Oct. 1 and close on Friday, Nov. 1, 2019.
2020 academy application process:
- Read the 2020 Syllabus below to gain an understanding of the program.
- Review the class schedule below to confirm your ability to attend the sessions.
- Print and sign both sides of the memorandum/attendance policy.
- Provide a brief personal statement that includes:
- why you’re interested in attending BPLA
- leadership experiences and any additional leadership experience you may have had in your training, practice, hospital or community
- Beaumont committees or projects you are participating in
- Provide name(s) that we can contact for an endorsement of your candidacy. We strongly encourage you to provide the name of a hospital chief medical officer, hospital medical staff president or chief of staff, department chief, program director, chief academic officer/designated institutional officer (director of Medical Education), hospital president or BMG leadership. We will follow up with them.
- Provide an UPDATED CV or résumé.
- Complete the applicant information form.
Email or scan the following and send to email@example.com:
- signed memorandum (both sides)
- applicant information form
- your personal statement with an endorsement name
- CV or résumé
Please call Jeanne Sarnacki at 947-522-1838 for more information. Applications can be faxed to 248-350-4121, Attention: Tina Pajak.
BPLA 2020 classes will begin Friday, Feb. 7 and Saturday, Feb. 8. Attendance at these two sessions is mandatory. Subsequent classes will be held on the third or fourth Wednesday evening of the month through October. Classes will be held at Beaumont, Farmington Hills’ Colen Auditorium. CME will be provided.
The 2020 BPLA Advisory Group will review the applicants and select our 2020 class. You will be notified of its decision in early December.