Important dates to know
As a reminder, Beaumont Health will require all team members, regardless of location, to receive the complete COVID-19 vaccine dosing regimen (two doses of either Pfizer or Moderna, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson) by Monday, Oct. 18.
In short, fully employed BMG physicians, all independent physicians who have privileges allowing them to treat patients in the hospital and all physicians who practice at a Beaumont ambulatory site will be required to be vaccinated if they wish to use a Beaumont facility.
Other key dates to be aware of:
- Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 6: The deadline to submit requests for medical or religious exemptions. Follow the process for submitting requests outlined on the Employee Health & Safety page on the Beaumont Health intranet. Requests received after Sept. 6 will not be accepted.
- Team members who submit a request for an exemption will be informed via email whether their request was approved or denied beginning today, Wednesday, Sept. 1 and no later than Friday, Sept. 17, unless the panel requests additional information (those individuals will be informed separately of associated deadlines).
- Team members who do not meet exemptions and refuse to get vaccinated will initially be suspended. Those who choose not to be vaccinated during suspension may face disciplinary action, up to and including being terminated.
- Monday, Sept. 20: Team members who choose to receive the Moderna vaccine must receive their first dose by or on this date, so they can receive their second dose by Oct. 18. The Moderna vaccine is available at the Beaumont Learning & Innovation Center in Dearborn.
- Monday, Sept. 27: Team members who choose to receive the Pfizer vaccine must receive their first dose by or on this date, so they can receive their second dose by Oct. 18. The Pfizer vaccine is available at the Beaumont Service Center in Southfield and in the Moceri Learning Center at Beaumont, Troy.
- Monday, Oct. 18: The vaccine mandate goes into effect. Team members who want the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, must get the shot on or by the end of the day. Note: There are J&J clinics currently scheduled at Beaumont (details below) on Fridays: Sept. 10, 17, 24 and Oct. 1.
There are four upcoming Johnson & Johnson vaccine clinics available for Beaumont team members and eligible community members:
- Friday, Sept. 10 – Beaumont, Troy (located in the Moceri Learning Center); 7-11 a.m.
- Friday, Sept. 17 – Beaumont Service Center; 7-11 a.m.
- Friday, Sept. 24 – Beaumont, Troy (located in the Moceri Learning Center); noon-4 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 1 – Beaumont Service Center; noon-4 p.m.
If you have not yet been vaccinated and are ready now, schedule your appointment online. Employees can also walk in (first dose only) during the hours the vaccine clinics are open, but an appointment scheduled online is preferred, as it will speed up the registration process.
Reminder: Employees with Beaumont log-in credentials can verify their vaccination status quickly and easily from their mobile device.
If you have questions, view the COVID-19 vaccine FAQs.