Immunocompromised individuals: Sign up now for COVID-19 vaccine booster shot
Beaumont Health is now offering a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) to individuals who are immunocompromised who fit the criteria recommended below by the FDA and CDC:
- Active treatment for solid tumor and hematologic malignancies
- Receipt of solid-organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy
- Receipt of CAR-T-cell or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (within two years of transplantation or taking immunosuppression therapy)
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g., DiGeorge, Wiskott-Aldrich syndromes)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (e.g., >20mg prednisone or equivalent per day), alkylating agents, antimetabolites, transplant-related immunosuppressive drugs, cancer chemotherapeutic agents classified as severely immunosuppressive, TNF blockers and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory
Beaumont team members who meet any of the above criteria and have waited at least 28 days since they received their second shot, may now schedule their booster shot appointment online.
If patients or family members are eligible and would like to receive their booster shot at Beaumont, please direct them to make an appointment through Beaumont’s Save My Shot program.
Information on booster shots for all others will be shared as it becomes available. For questions, check out the updated COVID-19 vaccine FAQs.