Early physical therapy intervention can have a significant impact
We know you care about your patients, including their quality of life and pain management. When it comes to patient outcomes for knee and low back pain episodes, early physical therapy intervention can have a significant impact, such as:
- Lower opioid use including a lower incidence of chronic use – 66% reduction for knee and 34% reduction for low back pain
- Decreased health care spending
- Decreased health service utilization per episode like surgery, injections and urgent care visits
not delaying physical therapy, your patients can better manage their chronic
pain and prevent further injury. And our Corewell Health East Rehabilitation
team is ready to schedule your patients who are experiencing knee or low
Referring patients is as easy as:
1. In Epic:
- Under "Add Order," type "Physical Therapy"
- Select the "database" tab
- Select "Evaluate and Treat"
2. Faxing the script to 248-656-4331
3. Contacting CHEPhysicianliaison@corewellhealth.org for referral forms
Also, you can provide your patients with a referral, and they can schedule their own appointments in four convenient ways:
- Call Rehab Central Scheduling at 248-655-3191
- Call the physical therapy location of their choice directly
- Log in to MyBeaumontChart, clicking on “appointments” then on the green “schedule an appointment link”
- Visit the physical therapy website
When you refer patients to the Corewell Health East Rehabilitation team, you will receive a regular report on their progress and successes — reinforcing your relationships with your patients within our system.
So please consider referring patients experiencing knee or low back pain at this time. With your help, we can help patients manage their pain and have a better quality of life.
Review this educational document to learn more about Rehabilitation Services' knee and low back pain assessments.