New way to share radiology studies, no need for CDs
As of Wednesday, May 3, Corewell Health East physicians do not have to send or request CDs from the Corewell Health Imaging department anymore. Instead, they can upload images from radiology studies to AMBRA, a new electronic image sharing solution.
AMBRA allows physicians to share, compare and consult studies — even with physicians outside the system.
This benefits physicians and patients alike by:
- Eliminating the need to transfer physical media (like CDs) from one doctor to another
- Improving patient safety, readout times and callback times to improve patient experience
- Creating a better, simpler experience for patients and physicians
Please review these step-by-step instructions on how to upload studies to AMBRA.
Studies that can be uploaded include:
- All radiology study images stored in the Picture Archiving and Communication System, including all images captured by the Imaging department
- Mammograms, X-rays, ultrasounds, CT scans and MRIs
- For some sites this may include Maternal-Fetal Medicine Obstetrics studies and 2D Echoes
What studies can’t be uploaded:
- Currently, cardiology and radiation oncology studies cannot be uploaded.
For questions, please contact CHEReleaseOfImages@corewellhealth.org or your local imaging support team.