Microsoft Outlook to be the only mobile app used for accessing Beaumont email
Due to its ability to protect patient and Beaumont data, the Microsoft Outlook application will be the only mobile program used to access Beaumont email. Therefore, effective July, any other email applications on iPhones, iPads and Android devices will no longer be able to access Beaumont email.
Please review the Outlook app FAQs for the answers to many questions surrounding this change and how to access Beaumont email on your mobile device. Don’t wait until July; make the switch today.
Five reasons why the Outlook app was chosen:
- Maintains HIPAA standards for patient privacy.
- Device-agnostic and platform-agnostic mobile solution.
- Ensures the identity of the physician or employee through multi-factor authorization on all devices.
- Does not require utilizing mobile device management, negating concerns of potentially releasing provider personal information.
- Protects patient information in the event of a lost or stolen device. Microsoft Outlook can halt delivery of Beaumont email, a service that other email apps cannot.
“The app can be downloaded by most mobile devices while simultaneously maintaining HIPAA standards,” said Dr. Paras Khandhar, pediatric intensivist and lead inpatient physician informaticist. “Considering patient privacy first and foremost and shaping our decision to maintain it, the best solution for Beaumont Health is the Microsoft Outlook app.”
If you have questions on how to add the Outlook app to your mobile device, please follow these steps and review the FAQ. If you need additional support, please contact the Service Desk at 888-481-2448.