New two-factor authentication app for email sign in
To continue minimizing the risk of disruption to patient care and ensure the security of protected health information against phishing attacks, Beaumont Health is transitioning on Wednesday, April 15, to Duo Security, Cisco’s proven two-factor authentication solution.
We are excited to partner with Duo, a best-in-class security solution, to continue adding layered protection to the Beaumont network. Thank you for doing your part to help protect employee and patient information.
The new technology allows us to enhance integration with all our security layers to better prevent and contain the threat posed by almost daily attempted phishing attacks.
What does this mean to me?
- If you remotely access Beaumont email or bhapps when not at a Beaumont owned or affiliated location, you will be required to enroll in and use Duo to confirm your identity.
- This will not impact your access to:
- Beaumont email or bhapps while at a Beaumont location.
- Imprivata use for badge tap-and-go / single sign-on while at a Beaumont location.
- Epic/oneChart EPCS verification.
- You will receive an enrollment email from email@example.com on Tuesday, March 17. Follow the steps within to complete enrollment. The use of Duo will be required starting Wednesday, April 15.