New amenities added to Beaumont Health Club
Oct. 11-14: Free grand reopening weekend activities planned
Sleek, new amenities, including a turf field for functional/performance training and classes such as High Intensity Interval Training, along with an expanded fitness floor, await longtime and prospective members of the newly renamed Beaumont Health Club in Rochester Hills, formerly Sola Life & Fitness.
Whether the goal is to burn calories, tone up or boost endurance, Beaumont Health Club offers scores of group fitness classes. Classes are held in the pool, the remodeled cycling or Mind Body studios or right on the fitness floor.
The community is invited to check out these upgrades, free of charge, Oct. 11-14, and participate in fitness classes and grand reopening activities.
“Beaumont is committed to providing comprehensive health and fitness resources that will help the community achieve optimal health,” said Nancy Susick, president of Beaumont Hospital, Troy. “Our team of experts works with individuals to develop a prevention and exercise plan that works for them. We work together to advocate for you.”
Special grand reopening activities include:
Oct. 11, 6-8 p.m. - Group fitness class demos, chair massages, handmade smoothies and other healthy snacks prepared by Beaumont Health Club registered dietitians
Oct. 13, 12-3 p.m. - Members only can enjoy appetizers and live entertainment, while sporting their favorite college gear; all are welcome to join the debut of our 20 Round Fitness Class on the Fitness Floor
Oct. 14 – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. - Open House: The club is open to visitors all day. Non-members are invited to drop by for a free workout.
Oct. 12, 4-6 p.m. - Community tailgate party and ribbon-cutting ceremony
Family Fun Day with activities for the whole family, including class demos, kids’ activities and pool games, Ice Cream Social at 11 a.m. and a Detroit Lions guest appearance.
- New lockers featuring keyless entry and digital locks
- An expanded, 1,800-square-foot turf “field” for performance training and instructor-led weight training classes, featuring Precor’s versatile Queenax Functional Trainer, along with kettlebells, battle ropes, plyometric platform and other functional equipment
- A refurbished cycling studio, including new bikes, larger TV screen and enhanced surround-sound, audio-visual capability
- On-demand fitness classes during non-scheduled class times on the 70-inch screen in the cycling studio
- Club-wide screen size upgrades from 42 to 50 inches
Continuing amenities and services:
- Fully equipped locker room, including, sauna, steam room and complimentary towels
- Unlimited group fitness classes
- Fitness, Nutrition and Pilates Coaches
- Free child care for club members in Kidtown
- Mind Body studio offering yoga, Pilates, meditation, gentle joint and mindfulness class opportunities
“Research shows our members seek both ‘community’ and ‘structure,’ through instructor-led activities,” said Nathan Adams, general manager, Beaumont Health Club. “It is our goal to provide those opportunities in a warm, communal environment.”
With increased focus on collaborating with Beaumont clinicians, Adams seeks to build on current educational offerings such as pre- and post-surgical and therapy support through the Wellness Discovery Program and the MOMease program – a balance of nutrition, exercise and support for new and expectant mothers.
“Hospitals are being asked to do more regarding illness prevention. That’s our strength,” Adams explained. “Physician-prescribed exercise is not only a growing trend, but also the path to a healthier life. To that end, it is our goal to support our members and help them get healthier.”
Beaumont Health Club is located at 1555 E. South Blvd. in Rochester Hills. For additional information, visit beaumonthealthclub.com.